Super easy recipe for gnocchi with peas. Give it a twist with pancetta and parmesan and you’ll have a quick dinner for two ready in 20 minutes.…
I love gnocchi, they make a perfect side dish for any kind of creamy sauce. So I was super excited to try it when I found this recipe. Because I love simple and easy to make lunch/dinners (lunch is a main meal of the day in Croatia). Although, the fact is I love to cook and kitchen is my favorite room in a house, there are days I just don’t want to stand by the stove for hours – then this kind of recipes come in handy. With just a few simple ingredients it had incredible flavor and richness.
Adapted form Olive Magazine.
- 1 pack gnocchi, about 400 grams (14 oz)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 75 grams (2.65 oz; ⅓ cup) pancetta, diced
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 4 tablespoons chicken stock
- 100 grams (3.5 oz; ⅔ cup) frozen peas, thawed
- 5 tablespoons creme fraiche ( or mix sour cream and heavy cream - it works fine)
- 25 grams (0.88 oz; ¼ cup) parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Cook gnocchi following the pack instructions.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and fry pancetta until crips and golden, but don't let it color too much.
- Add the shallot and cook for a few minutes, then add chicken stock, peas and creme fraiche and simmer for a minute.
- Add drained gnocchi and parmesan and stir everything together.
- Serve with extra bit of parmesan if you like.